Top carry on bag essentials: These past several months I have been traveling nonstop. I’ve been on at least a hundred planes over the course of 3 months. Okay, maybe not a hundred, but its been a lot! With that being said, I’ve had to do a lot of packing.
Today I’m sharing my top carry on bag essentials (and a few extras) for your next trip. Here are my favs. This post contains affiliate links. I earn a commission from these links. 🙂
1. Laptop and Case:The top item I suggest bringing along would be either a laptop or an iPad. They allow for entertainment or homework and can easily be accessed during the flight. I have the MacBook Air and it’s great for traveling. It’s so light and I can easily take it in and out of my backpack for security screening. I also HIGHLY recommend bringing a laptop case with you so you can set it underneath your laptop when it undergoes screening. I personally don’t like putting my laptop in the security bin where all the shoes and other bags have been. I have this one.
Related: 7 Tips for Fear of Flying
2. 10 Foot Charger/Portable Chargers:Ever been in a position where you had to sit on the nasty airport floor just to charge your phone? I have. Don’t be like me, instead, bring along a 10 foot charger. (Unless you like sitting on the germ filled carpet, then by all means go ahead.)
3. SnacksArguably one of the most important essentials to pack, the coveted snack bag. I always bring a PB&J sandwich when I travel. Airport food is waaaay too expensive and I rather have that money be spent on the actual vacation. TIP: Make sure to pack enough snacks for the plane ride back.
4. HeadphonesWhether you’re still tethered to a wire or if you have the fancy Apple Airpods, you gotta have headphones. Don’t forget their chargers if they require them.
5. ChapstickI don’t know about you, but my lips get CHAPPED anytime I travel anywhere. I usually always have an EOS chapstick in my backpack and another in my coat pocket in the winter.
6. SunglassesYour destination may be sunny.
7. Thin Sweater or BlanketI have recently been bringing this thin Delta blanket with me for short flights. The flight attendant said I could take it, I’m not a thief! I keep it in the plastic it was wrapped in so it doesn’t get dirty, but you could just use a small plastic bag to store a thin sweater or blanket in too.
9. Foldable Water BottleThis is GREAT for travel. These silicone water bottles fold down when not being used so you can have extra space in your backpack. A bonus: you can take them empty through security and then fill them up in the water fountain when you reach the gate side.
8. Notebook and PenIt’s fun to journal about the place you’re going. I use my notebook for school, but having paper on hand makes it fun for playing games like tic-tac-toe or Hangman. Extras:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Extra pair of socks
- Any medicines
- Hair ties
- Playing cards
Leave a Reply