The best reusable, green, eco-friendly, and sustainable gifts to give to everyone on your list! Give the gift of zero-waste during Christmas and the holidays!
Today I’m sharing the best sustainable gifts to give this holiday season! Green, eco-friendly, zero-waste and sustainable gifts are the perfect way to help the environment and give a gift the recipient will love!
This year I have tried to make a conscious effort of eco-living. Now don’t get me wrong, I still have a loooong way to go in decreasing my carbon footprint, but I have dramatically cut back on my use of plastic.
Read my other gift guides here!
I think it is very important that we make everyday changes in our lives to promote a more eco-friendly mindset. And not only is going green better for the planet, but it is also cheaper in the long run. Not having to constantly buy and use plastic is such a freeing feeling.
Sustainable Gifts for Everyone on your List
To buy these gifts, click the gift name to be taken to the amazon page.
1. Metal Straw: It wouldn’t be a sustainable gift guide without mentioning a metal straw, now would it? 😉 I like these because you can take them to restaurants and on the go. Ditch the plastic straws and save the turtles.
2. Plant Candle: Candles make great gifts, especially in the winter. What’s unique about this candle is that it comes with a seed so you can reuse the candle container as a flower pot once all the wax is burned. You’re keeping the container out of a landfill while growing a little plant. What a cool gift!
3. Reusable Sandwich Bags: These reusable sandwich bags are so cool! You can store little snacks, sandwiches, and non-food items as well. Just think about the hundreds of little plastic bags you would be saving by owning just one of these bags.
4. Filtered Reusable Water Bottle: Great for travel or everyday use. The built in filter system inside the bottle removes chlorine in tap water. It is also BPA free.
5. Bamboo Toothbrush: This is plastic that I never paid attention to: toothbrushes! If you’re replacing your toothbrush often (which you should be), think about the loads of plastic that has built up. Bamboo toothbrushes are a great alternative and a fun, unique gift to give. Just make sure whoever you gift these to doesn’t think you’re trying to tell them they have bad breath. 🙂
6. Reusable Grocery Bags: I like that these are netted so you can see what’s inside.
7. Natural Shampoo Bar: Shampoo bars are entirely plastic free and aren’t loaded up with extra bad chemicals.. Just one of these shampoo bars is equals to 3 bottles of shampoo!
8. Tape-Free Lint Roller: You probably have one of those sticky tape lint rollers somewhere in your house (they are a must have if you have pets!). I found this really handy reusable lint roller / pet hair remover on Amazon! It doesn’t have that annoying sticky tape that barely catches any hair. Instead, it has a self-cleaning base which makes cleaning a whole lot easier.
9. Reusable Dryer Balls: These dryer balls can be reused for up to 1,000 loads AND decreases your dry time. Oh, and the penguins add an adorable Christmas touch!
10. 101 Ways To Go Zero Waste Book: An ebook such as this one can help someone learn all about sustainability and going green. This gift is great for the avid reader!
11. Biodegradable Hair Ties: I didn’t even know these existed until recently! Think about how many hair ties we lose on a weekly basis… eek! Get these biodegradable hair ties for the fashionista, workout junkie, or just any girl.
12. Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags: These would be “paw”fect 😉 for a new pet owner or someone who loves their fur-babies and wants to help the environment.
What is your favorite item on the list? Will you be gifting a sustainable eco-friendly gift this year? Tell me in the comments below!
More on the Blog:
11 Thanksgiving Letter Board Quotes
If you would like to see more DIY, Recipe, Lifestyle, and Travel, follow me here:
Leave a Reply