Make this sweet and salty pretzel peppermint bark this holiday season! A classic and easy Christmas dessert, it makes a perfect gift for neighbors, friends, teachers, or just to enjoy for yourself! Skip the storebought bark and make this unique spin on a traditional Christmas dessert!
One of my favorite flavors during the holiday season is peppermint! I can add peppermint to anything… hot chocolate, cookies, pies, and my favorite: peppermint bark!
This peppermint bark recipe is one of the easiest (and most delicious 😉 ) ones that you will come across! With only 4 main ingredients, you can quickly make this treat before a holiday party, as a gift, or just a delicious holiday dessert to eat yourself.
I love this peppermint bark because it combines the traditional taste of cool peppermint and a salty flavor from the pretzels. It’s the best of both worlds!
Incorporating pretzels to this peppermint bark is a festive way to spice up a classic holiday treat. And it’s way tastier (and cheaper!!) than the overpriced bark found at the store.
Taking just 15 minutes, you can easily make this recipe in batches and give as gifts or freeze for later.
Pretzel Peppermint Bark Ingredients:
- Semi-sweet (or dark) Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Peppermint Extract (optional but adds extra peppermint flavor)
- Crushed Peppermint or Candy Canes
- Crushed Pretzels
How to make Pretzel Peppermint Bark:
Melt semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring frequently. Pour melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth evenly. Allow the layer of chocolate to harden in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
*(Any sized baking sheet is fine depending on how thick you want your bark.)
While chocolate is hardening, place your candy canes and pretzels into a plastic bag and crush into fine chunks using a rolling pin. Crush peppermint and pretzels into desired chunks. (I like to have a variety of bigger and smaller sizes.)
Remove first hardened layer of chocolate from the refrigerator and set aside. Melt white chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring frequently. Once melted, pour white chocolate on top of hardened semi-sweet chocolate. Smooth out with a spatula and immediatley add the crushed peppermint and pretzels on top. Let chocolate harden in the refridgerator for at least 10 minutes.
Once the bark has hardened, break chocolate apart into chunks. This can be done with a knife or your hands. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freezer for 2 months.
Tips for Making Pretzel Peppermint Bark
- When melting the chocolate, add a 1/4 tsp of coconut oil and stir frequently using 30 second intervals.. This will prevent the chocolate from burning. You can also melt the chocolate on the stove or using a double boiler.
- Allow chocolate to fully harden before adding a second layer of chocolate. Doing so will ensure even and smooth bark.
- Have your crushed peppermint and pretzels ready when you pour the second layer of chocolate. This will allow the crushed pieces to set within the chocolate.
Pretzel Peppermint Bark
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup White chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp Coconut oil (optional but helps melt chocolate in microwave
- 1/2 Cup Pretzels
- 3 Candy canes (about 1 cup crushed peppermint)
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract (optional but adds a minty flavor)
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave using 30-second intervals and stirring frequently. Pour melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth evenly. Allow the layer of chocolate to harden in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- While chocolate is hardening, place your candy canes and pretzels into a sealed bag and crush into fine chunks using a rolling pin. Set crushed pieces aside.
- Remove first hardened layer of chocolate from freezer and set aside. Melt white chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring frequently. Once melted, pour white chocolate on top of hardened chocolate. Smooth out with a spatula and immediately add the crushed peppermint and pretzels on top. Let chocolate harden in freezer for at least 10 minutes or until chocolate and toppings are set.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces.
Package it up and gift it to a neighbor, friend, teacher, or anyone that deserves a holiday treat!
Liked this? Pin it!
If you would like to see more DIY, Recipe, Lifestyle, and Travel, follow me here:
More on the Blog: