Coconut Date energy bites are the perfect healthy snack to incorporate into your diet! They are vegan, have no added sugars, and can be made gluten-free. Try this easy no-bake energy ball snack for yourself!
I recently discovered the heavenly taste of dates… mmm. They taste like candy! I thought what better way to Incorporate these sweet gems into my diet than to create a healthy protien-packed snack: energy bites!
I love this coconut date energy bite recipe because it’s a vegan snack that you can feel good about eating. The natural sugars are pulled from the dates and give off the perfect amount of sweetness. No extra sugar or sweetner is required!
No-Bake Coconut Energy Bites
There are so many different textures and layers happening within these energy bites. If you’re a chocolate lover, you can add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder for a chocolet taste. Every bite will transport you to another depth of flavor.
You can easily make these in bulk and store in the freezer for later consumption. They also make for terrific on-the-go snacks or even a healthy dessert!
If you’re looking for a healthy, no-bake snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth, these energy bites are for you!
No dates on hand? Check out my popular Coconut Pecan Energy Bite Recipe!
Coconut Date Energy Bite Ingredients:
- 1 cup dates
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- water 4 tbsp
- Shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (optional but adds a chocolate flavor)
How to Make Coconut Date Energy Balls:
- Soak dates in warm water for at least 10 minutes. You need them to be soft so they can be easily pureed in the food processor (or mashed with a fork).
- Once dates are soft, place them into a food processor with 4 tbsp of reserved soaking liquid. Pulse until paste is formed. (You may need to add extra water if the dates are still dry and clumpy. Do so slowly by adding 1/2 tsp at a time to prevent date paste from becoming mushy.
- Add your pecans, oats, and cacao powder (if using). pulse until mixture can be rolled into balls.
- Form mixture into balls and roll in a bowl of shredded coconut. Place date bites onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for 2 months.
Tips for Making Coconut Date Energy Bites:
- Reserve the liquid from the bowl of soaking dates. The liquid has the natural sugars of the dates and can be used to form the mixture in the food processor.
- If you do not have a food processor, soak dates until very soft (about 30 minutes) in warm water. Then use a fork to mash the dates. This takes extra muscle, but can be accomplished!
- Add in a 1/4 cup of chia or flax seed for extra nutrition.
Coconut Date Energy Bites
- 1 Cup Dates
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1/3 Cup Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder (Optional for chocolate taste)
- Shredded Coconut
- Soak dates in warm water for at least 10 minutes or until soft.
- Once dates have softened, add them to a food processor with 4 tbsp of reserved soaking liquid. Pulse until paste is formed.
- Add your pecans, oats, and cacao powder (optional). pulse until mixture can be formed into balls.
- Roll mixture into balls and dip into shredded coconut. Allow energy bites to chill and harden in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week or in freezer for up to 2 months.
Liked this? Pin it!