Make these Dr.Seuss The Cat in The Hat inspired brownies! This adorable Dr.Seuss dessert is the perfect way to celebrate a Dr.Seuss birthday party, Dr.Seuss week at school, or as a special treat to have while reading the book! Get the recipe for this Dr.Seuss party food!
These Cat in the Hat brownies are a fun and easy Dr.Seuss inspired treat for a Dr.Seuss themed birthday party, Dr.Seuss week at school, or Read Across America Day! They are so easy to make and will be a hit at any classroom party!
Kids will love the character element and chocolatey goodness of these brownies, while moms will love the simplicity of making this recipe.
Check out these Lorax Oranges for another easy Dr.Seuss inspired snack!
These brownies are so easy for younger kids to make too! Play The Cat in The Hat movie and let your kids go to town decorating them!
Dr.Seuss The Cat in The Hat Brownies
- Brownie mix
- White frosting
- Red sprinkles
- Cat in The Hat cookie cutter (optional but easier for kids)
How to Make Dr.Seuss Brownies
Making these brownies is a simple process. Begin by baking your brownies according to package instructions and allowing them to completely cool. Don’t skip the cooling step, otherwise cutting the brownies into hat shapes will be much more difficult.
Once your brownies have completely cooled, transfer them from the pan onto a flat surface and use a bread knife to cut out hat shapes. You can achieve the hat-shaped brownies by cutting out the letter “T” and flipping it upside down.
You may want to complete this step yourself if working with smaller kids, or use a hat-shaped cookie cutter for consistent brownies and less fuss.
Frost the entire brownie with white frosting and add red sprinkles on top for the stripes.
If you are bringing these to a classroom, you can transfer the finished brownies back into the baking pan or another deep container. This will prevent the frosting from smudging during transport.
Tips for Making Cat in the Hat Brownies
- 1 box of brownie mix in an 8×8 pan makes about 10 Cat in The Hat-shaped brownies. So I recommend doubling the recipe and using a larger pan/cutting the brownies into smaller hat shapes if making these for a classroom or a birthday party.
- Use a bread knife to cut the brownies into hat shapes. I found this to be a lot easier than a regular knife.
Dr.Seuss The Cat in the Hat Brownies
- 1 Box brownie mix
- White frosting
- Red sprinkles
- Begin by baking your brownies according to package instructions and allowing them to completley cool.
- Once your brownies have completely cooled, transfer them from the pan to a flat surface and use a bread knife to cut out "T" shapes. Turn the "T"-shaped brownies upside down so they look like hats.
- Use the white frosting to frost the entire brownie and add red sprinkles for stripes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to grab The Cat in The Hat book and read it with your kids while snacking on these brownies!
If you made these brownies, post a picture and tag me on Instagram @suchasweetheartblog! I love seeing your photos!
Liked this? Pin it!
More on the Blog:
If you would like to see more DIY and Recipes follow me here:
Leave a Reply