Make this fun and adorable Bunny Chow, a spin on the classic puppy chow (also known as muddy buddies) for Easter! Completely no-bake, kids will love making Easter Bunny Chow and can even use it as bunny bait!
Kids will love helping in the kitchen with this treat. Use it as Easter bunny bait since no bunny could ever resist this yummy Easter snack!
What is Bunny Chow?
Bunny Chow is a spin on the classic “puppy chow” snack (sometimes called Muddy Buddies), which typically consists of a peanut butter/chocolatey mixture poured over Rice Chex cereal and dusted with powdered sugar. It tastes just as good as it sounds!
Bunny Chow can be enjoyed as an Easter-themed dessert or as an afternoon treat. It’s so simple to make in batches, making this the perfect Easter treat for crowds or to hand out during an Easter egg hunt party.
I will have to warn you though, if you make this treat be prepared to snack on it nonstop! Every bite will have you saying “just one more handful!”. Both you and your kids will go crazy over this stuff.
How to make bunny chow
(Full ingredient list and instructions found in the recipe card below)
Start by portioning out your Rice Chex into a large bowl. It’s important that you pick a bowl with plenty of wiggle room to toss and coat the Chex mix in chocolate.
Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds until everything is completely melted and smooth.
*You can also melt these 3 ingredients using a double boiler, but I find that it’s simple enough to use the microwave.
Pour the melted chocolate over the Rice Chex and toss until everything is evenly coated. Don’t forget to coat all the pieces on the bottom of the bowl too!
Tip: Use a silicone spatula for easy spreading. I found that a smaller one works well and prevents the Rice Chex from being crushed.
Now time for the fun part… shaking it up! Transfer half of your coated Rice Chex into a gallon-sized plastic bag. Add half of the called for powdered sugar and shake until all the pieces have been coated. You may need to add an extra spoonful or two of powdered sugar depending on how well it adheres to the Rice Chex.
Transfer coated rice Chex back into the bowl and repeat with the other half of the mixture.
Add the Easter M&Ms and Peeps to the mix.
Serve and enjoy or use as Bunny Bait!
Tips for Making this Treat:
- Use a big bowl to toss the Rice Chex! You don’t want to end up in a situation where the Rice Chex pieces are spilling over the sides when it comes time to toss in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Divide the Rice Chex into halves when shaking in powdered sugar. This makes it easier to get all Chex pieces evenly coated in the sugar. You may also need to add an extra spoonful or two of powdered sugar. Just assess the mixture after a few shakes.
- You can use any Easter topping for this “bunny bait”. Try Cadbury eggs, milk chocolate eggs, or even jelly beans!
- Store this bunny chow in an airtight container in a cool, dry area for up to 1 week. You can also create individual servings in plastic baggies if bringing to a classroom or party.
If you make this recipe I would love to see your pictures on Instagram! Also, Don’t forget to comment and rate this recipe below as well as Pin it on Pinterest!
More Easter Recipes:
- Carrot-Shaped Brownies
- Peeps Milkshake
- Blackberry Muffins
Easter Bunny Chow
- 8 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Easter M&Ms
- 1 Package of Peeps
- Add Rice Chex to a large bowl. Set Aside.
- In the microwave, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds or until completely smooth and melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over Rice Chex cereal and toss until evenly coated. Add half of the coated cereal to a gallon-sized plastic bag. Add half of the powdered sugar, seal, and shake bag until evenly coated. Transfer coated cereal to a large bowl and repeat with the other half of Rice Chex.
- Add Easter M&Ms and marshmallow Peeps to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Liked this? Pin it!
If you would like to see more DIY and Recipes follow me here:
Leave a Reply