No-bake Tagalong cookies are simple and only require 3 ingredients that can be found in your pantry. This crunchy cookie with a creamy peanut butter filling is delicious enough to make anyone fall in love with these copycat Girl Scout cookies!
A while back I shared these Copycat Thin Mints that you all loved! So this week I’m sharing this Copycat Tagalong recipe!
Tagalongs are my favorite Girl Scout cookies, and they’re actually really easy to make! You only need 3 ingredients and you probably already have them in your pantry: crackers, chocolate, and peanut butter!
Now don’t get me wrong, if I see Girl Scout Cookies being sold outside the grocery store, I’m 99.9% likely to buy…. ok, maybe 100%. But after Girl Scout season has come and gone, and the last box has been completely ransacked, that’s where my homemade tagalong recipe comes in handy.
This is such a fast recipe to make, and a good one if kids are helping in the kitchen. It’s also easy to make A LOT of these tagalongs in batches.
I guarantee that these will be gone within a matter of days, (if even!). So make plenty to enjoy and freeze the rest for later.
How to Make Copycat Tagalong Cookies
Spread each cracker with peanut butter and set on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using a fork, dip each cracker into a bowl of melted chocolate and shake off the excess. Place them back on the parchment paper to set.
Technically, you could stop here and still have tasty tagalong cookies, but to add an extra crunch, spread another layer of peanut butter on top of the set chocolate and place a smaller round cracker on top.
Dip it back in the melted chocolate and let it set on the parchment paper.
Tips for Making these Girl Scout Cookies
- To make these cookies vegan, substitute with vegan chocolate chips.
- For the round indent on top, add another layer of peanut butter and a smaller round cracker on top. This is an extra step, but gives the cookies an extra crunch.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter (or refrigerator if you live in a warmer climate) for up to 3 days. To freeze, transfer them into a freezer-safe container or plastic bag. Let them defrost to room temperature before eating. or enjoy them frozen.
More Cookie Recipes:
Copycat Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies
- 24 Round Crackers
- 24 Small Round Crackers (for stacking)
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 8 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- Spread each large cracker with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave using 30-second intervals and stirring until completely smooth.
- Use a fork to dip each cracker in the melted chocolate, shaking off the excess before placing on the parchment paper. Let the coated crackers completely set.
- Once chocolate-covered crackers have set, spread another layer of peanut butter on top and add a smaller cracker. Repeat the dipping and setting process until all crackers are completed.
Liked this? Pin it!