Spinach Tortellini Soup
A light Italian soup that features a garlic, onion, and oregano blend paired with tender tortellini noodles. This soup tastes as if it’s from a fancy Italian restaurant. It’s simply the best homemade spinach tortellini soup out there!
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can Italian-Style Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 12 Ounces Tortellini (Refrigerated, not boxed)
- 2 Cups Chopped Kale
- 3 Cups Spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until very fragrant (about 2-3 minutes).
Pour in the vegetable broth, Italian-style tomatoes, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring soup to a boil.
Once the pot is at a gentle boil, add in the tortellini and cook for 5 more minutes or until tortellini is tender. Turn the heat to low and add the kale and spinach. Cook until the greens are slightly wilted (about 2 minutes).
- If making this soup with uncooked tortellini or noodles, cook per the package instructions for half the listed time before cooking for the remaining time in the soup.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Keeping this soup in the freezer is not recommended since the tortellini may become mushy.