Cherry Pie Bars
Cherry crumb bars are just like cherry pie, but much less time-consuming and easy to make for gatherings. You’ll love the tart yet sweet filling paired with a crisp golden crumb topping.
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Cherry Preserves (13-ounce jar)
Preheat the oven to 300F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the coconut oil (or butter) and stir until combined and crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the dough for the crumb topping.
Pour the mixture into the pan and firmly press it until even. Bake for 10 minutes.
When the crust has finished baking, remove from the oven. Adjust the oven to 350F and evenly spread the cherry preserves on top of the baked crust. Top the filling with the reserved crust and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
Allow the bars to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving warm OR chilling in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Once chilled, cut into bars and serve.
- Gluten-Free Option: To make gluten-free, use a 1:1 GF flour substitute.
- Pans: This recipe works in both a metal or glass pan, but I find the bars are softer when made in a glass pan.
- Storage Instructions: Keep in a container at room temperature for up to 4 days. To freeze, transfer the bars to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month.