No-Bake Candy Cane Pie
Made with fluffy whipped cream, and a smooth marshmallow sauce, this Candy Cane Peppermint Pie is entirely no-bake! Top it with some crushed peppermint and you have a festive winter dessert.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 7 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3 1/4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup Milk (any kind)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 5 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream (chilled and divided)
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Peppermint
To make the graham cracker crust, add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until it resembles sand (you can also place the graham crackers in a sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin). Transfer to a bowl and combine with the sugar and salt; stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into an 8" or 9" pie plate, making sure it is compact. Chill the pie crust for at least 1 hour before adding the filling.
In a medium saucepan, heat the marshmallows and milk on low heat, stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Stir well and refrigerate. checking and stirring every 10 minutes until the mixture thickens and mounds when dropped with a spoon (about 25-30 minutes).
Meanwhile, beat the cold whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Scoop out 1 cup of the whipped cream to be used as the topping and set aside. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the refrigerator and stir; gently fold it into the whipped cream.
Pour the filling into the prebaked crust and even out with a silicone spatula. Spread the reserved whipped cream in the center and sprinkle the top with crushed peppermint. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or ideally overnight.
- If using regular-sized or jumbo marshmallows in place of the minis, you will need an equivalent of 218 grams.
- For a crunchier crust, you can bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, let it cool completely, and then follow the directions to fill and chill.
- High Altitude: No adjustments are needed. Follow instructions as directed.